Sunday 6 October 2013

Dior Rosy Glow

Now that the weather is changing, the leaves are all yellow and cosy jumpers are filling the shops, I thought it was about time to identify some winter makeup staples. Out go all of my shimmery highlighters and bronzers and in come the matte blushes and darker lipsticks. One of these items I have been wearing consistently over the last few weeks has been this Rosy Glow blush by Dior. 




The blush comes in a gorgeous dimensional mirrored packaging and inside, the product (7.5g) is on the left with a small Dior brush on the right. Although I don't usually use brushes that come with makeup products I have to say this one is actually very soft and coupled with the inside mirror this is perfect for topping up on the go. Another special thing about this is that it has a beautiful rose fragrance, as I've never had a fragrant blush before it certainly is unique in my collection. However, if you're not too keen on fragrant makeup, don't worry because the scent certainly isn't detectable once this blush is applied to your cheeks. The product itself is very finely milled and applies like a dream, it never feels cakey or too heavy on the skin. Saying that, it is highly pigmented so a little goes a long way. 



             


Inside the pan, this blush looks like quite an intimidatingly bright blue toned pink but don't be fooled, it will not look like this on the skin. The blush reacts with your skin's natural temperature and moisture level to create a customised shade so the special thing about this product is that it looks different on everyone. To prove this point, the blush only comes in one colour - 001 Petal. This seems to be a fun trend with Dior as they also have a lip balm that appears as a different colour on everyone's lips. Whilst the swatch above shows this as a baby pink on my skin, on my cheeks it actually pulls as more of a peachy shade which i was pleasantly surprised about. For this reason, I highly recommend trying this on at a makeup counter before you purchase it as you never know what shade it may pull on your skin! Overall, this is everything and more that I could expect from a high end blush, at £30.50 it is a real investment piece and also a lovely gift. This blush is perfect for the winter months as it is perfectly matte however brings a very healthy radiance to the cheeks, I love it! 









***Disclaimer: None of the companies mentioned are sponsoring me to make this blog post. All products have been purchased by myself with my own money. All opinions are 100% honest and my own.***


2 comments:

  1. Wow clever I was a little freaked when I saw how bright it was but your right its much more subtle in the swatch you have shown.

    Lovely luxury product especially with the rose scent!!

    Beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk

    L x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a little intimidated by the bright colour too but I think thats part of the fun and once I tried it I fell in love. It can definitely be built up but with a light hand it gives a gorgeous subtle glow to the cheeks! Real luxury! Thanks for your lovely comment Lisa n Carrieanne X

      Delete