Sunday 22 September 2013

L'Oréal Collection Privée Lipsticks

As you may have guessed by now, I am a complete lipstick junkie! So when L'Oréal launched their new limited edition range of lippies I just couldn't resist them, especially as they involve two of my favourite celebs, Eva Longoria and Cheryl Cole. These lipsticks are tailor made nudes to suit six celebrity L'Oréal spokespersons: Eva Longoria, Julianne Moore, Freida Pinto, Doutzen Kroes, Cherl Cole and Lida. All these celebs are different ethnicities and ages so the idea is that there will be a shade for everyone. Whilst I swatched each lipstick in my local Boots store, the two that I decided to purchase were Eva's and Cheryl's, the others were either too dark for my pale complexion or the finish was too frosty.    








The packaging is a matte black bullet with a gold band around the middle embossed with L'OREAL PARIS and underneath is the signature of the celeb who inspired the lipstick. Also on the bottom of the lipstick is the name and colour of the product. If I'm honest, the packaging feels a bit cheap but what really matters is whats inside! The product itself has a very unpleasant scent to it, it smells a little soapy and reminds me of baby powder, very much a purely cosmetic lipstick scent. I did also notice that once applied the scent did linger for a while. The application is quite sheer (some are sheerer than others) but it is definitely buildable, quite reminiscent of the MAC cremesheen finish. It is very hydrating on the lips although upon initial application it does feel a tad heavy to wear. They do last for a very long time on the lips and the finish is just beautiful. The colours are what truly sold me, the two I chose are just fantastic, very wearable on an everyday basis but also great with a night time smokey eye or for interviews and within a professional environment. 



Above: Greige Glow by Cheryl

Cheryl's nude is my favourite of them all. This lipstick swatches as a pink/brown colour but when applied to my pigmented lips it translates as more of a muted pinky nude. This is also one of the more sheer lipsticks in the range however it can be built up to the desired colour. I really enjoy this colour with a simple eye and its a great one to throw on when you're not sure which lipstick to reach for.






Above: Peach Sin by Eva Longoria

Eva's lipstick is slightly darker and is a subtle peach nude with hardly noticeable shimmer (this cannot be detected once applied to the lips). Usually peach toned lipsticks don't suit my complexion, I personally feel that they look more flattering on blondes, however this pulls more on the brown side when applied to my lips. This is one of those 'my lips but better' shades and although this provides a more polished finish to the lips, I hardly notice that I'm wearing anything when I have this on. This is a great choice for those no makeup looks when you just want something completely natural. Its not one of those nudes that will completely conceal the lips but it will just polish up your natural lip colour. Definitely a fantastic choice for a professional environment! 


Left: Cheryl
Right: Eva   

As you may be able to tell, these swatch completely different to how they look when they are actually on the lips. However, we all have different coloured lips so give these a try and see what colour they appear on you! They retail at £8.19 however I purchased mine on offer for buy one get one free at Boots.






***Disclaimer: None of the companies mentioned are sponsoring me to make this blog post. All products have been purchased with my own money. All opinions are 100% honest and my own.***

No comments:

Post a Comment