Saturday 12 October 2013

Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

Its not often that I cruise the drugstores for foundation but Rimmel's new release caught my eye and I knew that I had to try it out! I love a full coverage but natural foundation and I tend to get on with mousse textures. At £5.99 this one did not disappoint!

The foundation comes in a small, matte tube that is very durable and travel friendly. You get your standard 30ml's of product (much kinder than L'Oréal's new foundation Nude Magique which only provides 20mls!) and it will last 18 months once opened before expiration. I know that some people will find the packaging to be a bit cheap and nasty but when I am on a budget packing isn't my first priority! 








The amazing thing about this foundation is that it provides incredibly light shades so if you have very pale skin and find it difficult to find your perfect shade, it is likely that Rimmel will have one that matches you. Having said that...the darker shade range of this foundation (and with a few others) is an outrage.





The texture is a very thick mousse and a small amount goes a long way. Unlike most mousse foundations, this one feels light and airy on the skin, completely weightless and never cakey. I have oily skin and this keeps me matte all day with no added powder so I will suggest that this would not be suitable for dryer skin types as it will probably have quite a dull effect. It provides a medium to full coverage and blends well with a kabuki brush, I would not recommend using your fingers as it may not give as natural a finish. In terms of staying power, this lasted on my skin for around 4-5 hours (without a primer) before I had to top up around particular areas of redness. This did not oxidise on my skin and all of my powder blushes and bronzers have blended nicely with it, no patchiness. 

Overall, I love this foundation and it is so affordable! The coverage is great and for days when I don't need my foundation to last all day this is incredibly comfortable and wares off beautifully, never patchy or cakey on the skin. It also doesn't settle into fine lines and provides a pretty flawless finish. It is also great because it requires no powder so that will save even more money, give it a go if you're looking for a budget foundation!

Have you tried this foundation? If so, let me know in the comments below what you thought of it! 









***Disclaimer: None of the companies mentioned are sponsoring me to make this blog post. All products have been purchased by me with my own money. All opinions are 100% honest and my own. ***

No comments:

Post a Comment