Wednesday 18 September 2013

Maybelline Browdrama Sculpting Brow Mascara

I have been so impressed by Maybelline this year having discovered their amazing gel eyeliners, mascaras, baby lips and now this...the first affordable drugstore eyebrow mascara in the UK! For years I have watched beauty gurus pull out their Maybelline clear mascara or Anastasia clear brow gel to set their brows in place for the day. With neither of these options available in the UK the only affordable option seemed to be MUA's clear mascara and that was it. This was a clear niche in the UK drugstore market and Maybelline are the first to jump on this opportunity, thank goodness somebody did! It seems I am not the only one who felt relieved to finally have an affordable and readily available brow gel as this has already sold out on the Boots website and there were only three left on the shelf in my local Boots store. At only £4.99 you can't really go wrong with giving this a good trial run!




                                                  





This genius product comes in three different colours: blonde, medium brown and dark brown. I ummed and ahhed over the dark and medium brown choices but the medium just seemed a bit too warm and so I decided to grab the dark brown for a more ashy finish. The packaging is very sleek and durable in the makeup bag. The product does have a strong scent but it isn't noticeable once the product is applied and this lasts for 6 months before expiring once opened. In the swatch above, I have seriously gone over the swatch a good five or six times to show you the true colour of this gel however when you apply this to the brows it provides a very subtle amount of colour. I like to use a MAC 266 angled brush to apply MAC charcoal brown matte eyeshadow to my brows and then go in with this gel to keep my brows in place all day and add a little extra colour. This doesn't smudge on me at all and never looks too heavy on my brows. 
                                                        




The brush on this mascara is perfect for a precise application as the larger end is great for the start of the brows which tend to be fuller and then towards the arch and further it is easier to use the thinner end. The product glides on easily and is pretty foolproof, it would be difficult to go wrong with this as it really just coats the brows and sets them in place rather than filling them in. For this reason it is much better to apply a brow pencil or powder first to fill in and shape the brows as desired before you go in with this. However, as there is a subtle colour pay off with this mascara, it is perfect for those no makeup days when you just cannot be bothered to spend time on your eyebrows but still want a bit of definition. This is a great choice for all you school girls out there who aren't allowed to wear much makeup to school but still want those perfectly groomed brows. 






***Disclaimer: None of the companies mentioned are sponsoring me to make this blog post. All products have been purchased by myself with my own money. All opinions are 100% honest and my own.***

No comments:

Post a Comment