Saturday 28 September 2013

My September Favourites!

As September is coming to an end I thought it would be a great idea to show you guys a few of the beauty bits I have been loving this month! 


Makeup:




MAC
Well Dressed


I have been wearing this almost everyday this month it is a real staple in my makeup bag. I prefer this in the slightly colder months as it doesn't contain any shimmer. This is a beautifully natural baby pink blush that gives you that 'out in the snow' flush to your cheeks. The perfect thing about this blush is that it is incredibly subtle but also very buildable so it is perfect for a natural or bold cheek. This looks particularly flattering on paler complexions and goes very well with an autumnal bold lip.










Nails:




Barry M
Gelly Hi Shine Nail Paint in Watermelon



When it comes to nail colours, I usually stay within my comfort zone of pinks and reds. This month I decided to give a slightly darker colour a go and I am so glad that I chose this one. This translates as a lovely forrest green colour on the nails, it has a glossy finish as the name suggests and I was stunned to find out that you only need one coat. Just make sure that you use a base coat before application as this polish will absolutely stain your nails! It is the perfect shade for Autumn.





Skincare:




La Roche-Posay Effaclar Range
Astringent Lotion Micro-Exfoliant



For those of you who do not know this, I have quite troublesome skin and I am very prone to the odd blemish. I have been using this lotion by La Roche-Posay as a toner once a day (I alternate between morning or night) as a gentle exfoliant. This is a great alternative way of exfoliating when you have blemishes as grainy exfoliant washes can spread the infection around the face. This also contains the acne targeting agent salicylic acid so it really keeps my skin in check by both fighting and treating any blemishes!




Haircare:




It's a 10
Miracle leave-in conditioner plus Keratin




I'm sure many of you have heard about this leave-in conditioner and that is simply because it really works. I spray this onto freshly washed, damp hair and concentrate it on the ends. It untangles my hair like a dream and leaves it feeling incredibly soft and manageable. There is also a version without Keratin however this one claims to do ten things:
1. Maintenance of keratin
2. Increases styling and manageability
3. Perfect for all hair types
4. Replaces lost protein
5. Protects the natural keratin in the hair 
6. Protects against heat
7. Restores hydration balance
8. Detangles, defrizzes & adds shine
9. Strengthens hair structure
10. Seals cuticles for extra silky hair
This can be a little pricey, I was lucky enough to find it at my local TK MAXX store for £12.99, but I promise you this will not disappoint! If you aren't great with hair oils, this is also a great alternative as I feel it does the same job, the only difference is that you shouldn't really use this on dry hair. Plus this smells incredible, almost like a sexy musky perfume and it really reminds me of the hair salon. I don't want to imagine my hair without this product!




Tools:




RealTechniques
Buffing Brush



I am such a fan of the Real Techniques brushes and this particular one is my absolute favourite. While this is multipurpose as it can be used for both powder, creams and liquids, this month I have been using this with my liquid foundation. It just buffs the product into the skin seamlessly and because it is quite large on the face, it saves so much time in the mornings. This brush is lovely and soft and it is effortless to wash, I like to use Johnson's Baby Shampoo. This is a great first face brush for those of you who are just getting into makeup, plus it is really easy to get your hands on as it can be purchased from most Boots and Superdrug retailers.  



A Sneaky Random Favourite:





Primark
Snug as a Bug Pyjamas 



I am obsessed. These were screaming my name in Primark and at £7 i just couldn't resist them. They are made of fleece material and living in Scotland, I love that they are so snuggly and warm. The top is long sleeved and white with 'Snug as a Bug' written on it and it is so cosy. The bottoms are the perfect length for my long legs and I love the slightly bigger shape as this makes them very comfortable to sleep in. I guess it is quite early to be buying winter pyjamas however I know they all sell out really quickly so I thought I would take a head start!


Let me know in the comments what products you have been loving this month or if you have any of the ones I have mentioned, let me know if you love them too! I hope you have all had a fantastic September.













***Disclaimer: None of the companies mentioned are sponsoring me to make this blog post. All products have been purchased by myself with my own money. All opinions are 100% honest and my own.***

2 comments:

  1. i really need a matte blush, i have one of the shimmer blushes from mac which i love so i think i will head to mac again for my next purchase.

    beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk

    L X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely check this one out it is beautiful, theres another really popular mac matte blush called pink swoon that is lovely if you want a bolder cheek too :) thanks for your comment! X

    ReplyDelete