Monday 9 September 2013

L'Oréal 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution and Absolute Eye & Lip Makeup Remover


After a long day there is no more satisfying feeling than removing all of your makeup! For me, this use to mean racing to the face wipes and going to town on my face. Not anymore! Face wipes all have alcohol and even if they state that they do not it is only because the concentration is so low that legally they are allowed to say so. As a result, they tend to dry out your skin in the long term. Micellar waters gain their name from the addition of micelle spherical liquid crystals that are scientifically able to trap small quantities of oil. Therefore, a micellar solution acts like a magnet to draw out impurities and excess oils rather than spreading them around the face and causing pesky breakouts like face wipes do.


This year has seen a significant increase in the micellar water trend and L'Oréal have been quick to join in on the action. I could not be happier that they did as the most popular micellar water among beauty experts seems to be Bioderma which is painfully elusive in the UK (you can find it in various pharmacies but not Boots or Superdrug), not to mention very expensive at around the £30 mark. This micellar water by L'Oréal is a guilt free £3.33 for 200ml **dance of joy** and can be found in all leading pharmacies.







This is from L'Oréal's new Skin Perfection range and I have just been obsessed with it! As stated on the bottle, it dissolves makeup upon application with a cotton pad and also tones the skin. It is suitable for all skin types, even the most sensitive and it can also be used to remove eye makeup. It does not feel tight or uncomfortable on the skin, in fact it is so gentle that it feels like you are just wiping water over the skin! There are no parabens or alcohol and it is hypo-allergenic. My makeup is completely dissolved within a few swipes of the cotton pad and I then go on to use my night time cleanser for a deeper cleanse. I also love to use this to remove my makeup whilst in bed on those days where I am just too tired (or have had a drink or two) to go to the sink to wash my face with water! This can be further used in the morning as a refreshing and convenient cleanse without the use of water if you are in a rush but I would certainly recommend coupling it with a nice moisturiser afterwards.


Another favourite that cannot go unreviewed from L'Oréal is their Absolute Makeup Remover for eyes and lips. This is also a blissful £3.33 however it is often on offer for just £1.99!





You will need to shake this to create a blue liquid and then apply it to the eyes with a cotton pad. It is suitable for the most sensitive eyes and will remove any kind of mascara, even waterproof. I have also used this to remove my stubborn red lipstick (MAC Ruby Woo) and it has worked wonders although as a precaution it may be preferable to apply lip balm afterwards. It has a non-greasy formula and as it dissolves makeup so effectively, there is no need to rub the eyes just simply hold the cotton pad to the eye for a few seconds and gently wipe away. I have used many high end eye makeup removers including Clarins and Lancome and while these are luxury options, I really don't notice much of a difference when compared to this very affordable option. An absolute gem if you ask me, you really cannot go wrong with this!


***Disclaimer: None of the companies mentioned are sponsoring or paying me to make this blog post. All products mentioned have been purchased by myself with my own money. All opinions are 100% honest and my own.***

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that you were impressed by the skin perfection solution. I purchased this about a week ago for when my bioderma runs out, it's sickening that bioderma costs so much!
    http://zoelizabethxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree, Bioderma is great but for the price I think I'm going to have to stick with the L'Oréal! There really isn't much difference between the two, Bioderma may be just a little more hydrating. Thanks for checking out my blog and being my first commenter!

      Delete