Monday 23 September 2013

Urban Decay Revolution Lipsticks

They say that when you first try on your wedding dress, you just know instantly that its the one. This is the closest comparison I can think of about trying on these lipsticks! I'm completely in love, to the point where I might even purchase these over my beloved MAC and YSL lippies. These are truly one of a kind and amazing. I want them all. Now. On my face.





These are new from Urban Decay (I hate that name, urban...decay...really?!) and they are the permanent revolution lipsticks range. The packaging is so sleek and unique, I really can't fault it, its a dented metallic metal bullet with URBAN DECAY embossed onto it and the name of the lippy is on the bottom. Once the lid is removed the product is inside a purple tube and has a flat surface instead of your classic lipstick shape. I prefer this as the lipstick cannot move during application and you don't have to worry about the lipstick melting and going everywhere if you're in a warm climate. The product itself does not smell of anything but I quite enjoy that. It is so incredibly opaque, this lipstick will completely cover your natural lip colour and is very true to the colour in the bullet. Despite the full coverage, this is so comfortable to wear on the lips and even feels quite hydrating, leaving a satin finish. The lipstick is beautifully creamy and coats the lips with one application, there really is no need to build this up so the product will last you a really long time. The staying power is fantastic, lasting me about 3 hours or more depending on whether you are eating/drinking etc. Perhaps the best thing about this is that once it has set on the lips it doesn't transfer at all, this makes it perfect for dates and smooching that special someone! 

I purchased two nudes from the range (surprised?): Naked 2 and Liar. They retail at £15, I bought mine online from House of Fraser. 





Above: Naked 2

Naked 2 is the most nude of the range and I have fallen in love with it. The shade is very similar to MAC's Creme d'Nude however it is much more opaque and longer lasting. This is a great everyday colour but I know instantly that I will be sporting this number at night with a smokey eye as well. 




Above: Liar

Liar is a shade that I'm slightly regretting purchasing as it appears as a beautiful pinky brown shade in the bullet however translates onto the lips as quite a bold brown lip. Whilst it is still a lovely shade, I feel that at 22 years old, it makes me look like I'm about 30 as it is very sophisticated. On the other hand, this really does make my blue/green eyes pop and it reminds me a lot of a shade Rachael from Friends wears in many episodes. This shade would look absolutely beautiful on a slightly darker skin tone or for us paler complexions with a natural eye and perhaps an updo hair style. 



Left: Naked 2
Right: Liar


Here are the swatches, I have only swiped them once so you can tell they have a fantastic opacity. As you can see they swatch a little differently to their appearance on the lips (this tends to happen a lot with me as I have very pigmented natural lips). Liar is very much a bold pink/brown lip choice despite looking nude in the bullet. I might even go as far as to say it is a great replacement for a red lip! All in all, an excellent lip choice just be sure to swatch them in store first as online can give a false impression as I have found out with Liar. 






***Disclaimer: None of the companies mentioned are sponsoring me to make this blog post. All products have been purchased by myself with my own money. All opinions are 100% honest and my own.***

No comments:

Post a Comment