Wednesday 11 September 2013

Maybelline Baby Lips have arrived in the UK!!!


Maybelline Baby Lips have finally arrived in the UK!! I have heard so many beauty gurus from the US rave about these so when they launched last month I just had to review them. I purchased the two most pigmented shades of the range; Pink Punch and Cherry Me however there are many others including a clear option. 









(Left - Cherry Me, Right - Pink Punch)                                    

If you like hydrating, sheer lipsticks then you will fall in love with these. Even though I would never class this as a lipstick, you can see from the swatches below that the darker colours do provide a good amount of colour so they can have the save effect as a sheer lippy. The packaging is so bright and fun, each a different colour to reflect the shade or scent of the lip balm. I think these would be perfect for all you teens out there who don't feel comfortable wearing heavy lipsticks during the day but who still want a bit of glam colour to brighten up a look. Whilst three of the baby lips have an SPF of 20, the two that I purchased along with Peach Kiss do not. Maybelline claim that these provide 8 hour hydration and I have to say, I agree, my lips always feel intensely hydrated for a long time after application. In fact, I would even say that this is better and makes my lips softer than my regular choice of lip balm! The texture is very soft and you can feel the instant hydration as it glides effortlessly along the lips. This has a competitive price for a lip balm at £2.99 and is a fun option to try out, I absolutely love it! It has become a staple in my handbag.  


Here are some swatches:


PINK PUNCH






Pink Punch is a baby pink colour that can appear sheer on the lips or can be built to the desired affect. In these swatches I applied a few coats to really show you the colour. This would look perfect with a natural or smokey eye (this is the exact eye look that I wore on my last post reviewing Maybelline The Falsies Waterproof mascara). Words cannot describe how delicious this smells, a lovely sugary tropical scent! A great everyday option!


CHERRY ME


                       


Cherry Me is the most vampy of all the shades in this range, it appears red in the bullet but applies as a gorgeous neutral pink colour. I think this is the perfect shade for fall and with its hydrating benefits it will be great at combatting dry lips during those icy and windy days. I would wear this during the day or at night. As the name would suggest, this smells like cherries, very reminiscent of the NYX lipgloss. 

SWATCHES:


Left: Cherry Me
Right: Pink Punch


Leave a comment below if you have tried any of the Baby Lips collection. Also feel free to leave me any requests or recommendations, I'd love to hear them!



***Disclaimer: None of the companies mentioned have sponsored me to make this blog. All products mentioned have been purchased by myself with my own money. All opinions are 100% honest and my own.***

No comments:

Post a Comment